Sustainability & Wellbeing Services
BE Design are passionate about sustainable placemaking and are committed to improving the human experience through our designs. Our unique approach to sustainability and wellbeing in architecture, civil and structural engineering ensures the creation of exceptional places that preserve history, serve local neighbourhoods and are adaptable and resilient for the future.
Our Holistic Approach results in places to live, work, learn and play that have minimum environmental impact and maximum benefit to society. Our design philosophy is driven by these seven core principles:
- To be resilient to future changes in climate;
- To adopt a circular economy approach;
- To design for mental and physical health and wellbeing;
- To engage with local communities and encourage social interaction;
- To consider low carbon design, prioritising a fabric first approach;
- To incorporate nature and biophilic design;
- To ensure these solutions are cost effective and add value.
Working in unison, our BE Design team delivers a fully integrated and coordinated approach throughout the design process. Our role starts at concept design, by helping our clients define their sustainability, wellbeing and low carbon ambitions in light of legislative and market opportunities. We make sure our strategies are pragmatic, deliverable and embedded early on, resulting in highly successful projects.
We are industry leaders in sustainable placemaking, reinforced by our involvement in industry groups such as the CIBSE Homes for the Futures Group, London Energy Transformation Initiative and UK Green Building Council.
At BE Design, we are always ‘Designing responsibly for the future’.
- Sustainability Strategy
- Sustainability Statements for Planning
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Home Quality Mark
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Sunlight/Daylight Reports for Planning
- Post-Occupancy Evaluation
Wellbeing and Biophilic Design:
- Wellbeing Strategy
- WELL Building Standard
- Biophilic Design
- Thermal Comfort
- Lighting and Daylighting
Energy and Low Carbon Strategy:
- Energy Statements for Planning
- Circular Economy Statements
- Embodied Carbon Assessments
- Net Zero Carbon
- Carbon Offsetting
- Renewable Energy Feasibility
- Overheating Assessments
- Passive design solutions
- Fabric Energy Efficiency Design
- Part L Assessments (SAP and SBEM)